At TORC we are geared to build INNOVATORS
TORC demonstrates innovation in its robot designs, as well as its efforts to spread the FIRST message.
“GO PRO” Program
TORC’s “GO PRO” program was recognized by FIRST Chairman Walt Havenstein & FIRST founder Dean Kamen as an innovate way to spread the message of FIRST to those in professional sports, entertainment & government at the 2012 FRC MI State Championship.
TORC’s “GO PRO” program seeks opportunities to interact with representatives of pop culture to promote the notion that 100% of FIRST students can “GO PRO” in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics careers.
“GO Green with TORC”
Green Program developed by TORC in 2011.
- TORC designed a campaign advocating energy efficiency by encouraging local businesses to buy FIRST LED light bulbs for use in their establishment. These bulbs are more efficient, last longer & better for the environment.
- Increased the LED bulb market penetration by setting up displays at local farmer’s market where TORC could interact with local area home owners.
Expanded multimedia tech to align with “GO GREEN” paperless campaign.
- Website now features the student and mentor registration, team handbook, calendar, design/build progress logs and sponsorship brochures.
- In 2013, TORC will provide judges with less paper documentation.
- TORC’s “We Build” gear links are designed to direct viewers to photos and other documents that demonstrate our efforts.
- QR code displayed on team t-shirts, in the pit, & on various other items to direct people to the team website where they can learn about the many TORC activities promoting the message of FIRST