At TORC we are geared to build HOPE.
In 2016 TORC created a movement to collect water in and around southeastern Michigan and deliver it to Flint, MI.
In 2011, one of our sponsors faced tragedy when her young granddaughter was killed through child abuse. To stop this from happening again, the family created a program called Justice for Lilly. TORC supported this program by distributing flyers to raise awareness of child abuse and by asking other FIRST teams to log onto the Justice for Lilly website & leave messages of support for the grieving family.
In 2012, TORC served in a variety of community outreach programs:
- Hazardous waste collection day for Oakland County.
- Recycle hazardous materials to keep them out of the environment.
- Package over 1000 pounds of old electronics for recycling.
- 5k walk/run benefit to help provide Meals on Wheels for senior citizens.
- Stationed at pivotal points around the course to keep runners & walkers on course
- Charity event that promotes healthy living in Oakland County communities.
- Assisted course marshals & runners
- Course break-down and clean up crew
In 2013 TORC began its service projects by supporting:
- St. Jude’s Children’s Ranch
- Participating in Greeting Card Drive