TORC’s third year was average. The robot was efficient at picking up the moonballs. It was difficult to develop on the chosen field surface. It had a turret at the top so we could shoot the balls at any angle. It held 15 balls at a time. It was a good year
• Rear Wheel Steer based on Testing
• Four Wheel Drive
• Biased Power to Drive Wheels
• Two Balance Wheels for Stability
- Efficiently gathers balls and directs toward conveyor
- Can reverse direction to deliver balls low or clear unwanted rock
- Stores balls and deliver low or high via shooter
Clutch to stall out conveyor belt when full
- Metering flap to enhance ball flow
- Two speeds to dump balls at close target or shoot up to 15 feet
- Can rotate up to 270 degrees regardless of robot direction
- Effective at moving out of shooting proximity at beginning of match
- Consistent and accurate payload delivery into target.
- Learned to use many different aspects of the new program even though we might not have needed it this year.
- Accomplished programming everything that was given enough time